Thursday, June 28, 2012

The final project....


Here it is... The last of my "made by Cathy" items for our auction. I think, after all is said and done, I could have donated the money in lieu of the items and done better $$$ wise. UNLESS you all are holding back and waiting for the last minute to embrace the auction this year.

I made a presentation at the office meeting this morning with the distinct feeling people are not that "into" this event, the auction or frankly Breast Cancer. Hey it isn't that I am into Breast Cancer, I am not, but to not support the effort to end Breast Cancer can mean they think we have no need for further "awareness" further "funds" - no need to walk, no need to sew crazy pink things or come up with crazy pink drinks. No need. We have been there. We have done that. Done.

This feeling I get, that some people think that is frightening to me. They must believe somehow magically now there aren't 1 in 8 women who will receive the news "you have Breast Cancer." They must believe that of those there will not be 1 in 8 who will die. They must believe that younger women have dodged some bullet and are NOT the ones most likely to die from Breast Cancer. They must believe their children will not be one of THOSE women. They must believe pigs fly and the sun doesn't rise.

They live in a different world than I do.

I know and see and hear nearly daily about the devastation Breast Cancer causes.

MY approach has been to be as pink as I can. I don't shy away from letting people know ending Breast Cancer is a passion I have. I am so so so heartened to know there are people who feel the same way.
They don't look at me like I am some sort of crazy pink nut as I parade my pink Raggedy Anns, or aprons or quilts to office meetings, or plaster them all over Facebook and emails. They are the ones I know WOULD never miss Pinktini and Popcorn if they could help it. They are the ones who will find joy in bidding on a Home Inspection or a Vacation in Florida, or even a sock monkey knowing it will be a win win win. They, they get it.

Do you?


RSVP
BID
GUESS the JELLY BEANS
HONOR a WARRIOR with a QUILT donation
END BREAST CANCER

No comments:

Post a Comment