Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Before the rain....

I remember last year. It seemed once it started raining it never stopped. I finally went and bought rain pants and shoes. Almost immediately after that the rain stopped.






The winter here in the SF Bay Area has been... VERY dry. I read, with some sympathy, about piles of snow in other places. I have felt somewhat guilty that I haven't been walking more. Hey this year I am supposed to be walking 120 miles for Susan G Komen! So I decided I better get out there amd get one good walk in... the forecast is for at least a week of rain.






One of my favorite walks is to the SF Ferry Building. From Sausalito it is 12 +/- miles. There a pretty good hill in the middle (something I have avoided so far in 2012). Take a walk with me...






Leaving Sausalito...
Homes barely cling to the hillside...
California Oaks...
A 3 day walker....
The bridge, Marin side.
Presidio Yacht Club and the Bridge beyond Horseshoe Cove....







Pit stop at the Discovery Museum.... I thought this was the ladies room... oops.




Cavallo Point




Presidio Yacht Club with the city beyond....




Pride of Madera starting to bloom....




Morning glory on the way up the hill.




You know it is a steep hill when you see a lot of flower pictures...




Scotch broom......




Finally at the start of the bridge. A memorial to service men.




Love this sailor...his pea coat blowing in the breeze.




Bridge....




Lots of work going on the bridge right now....




Have to keep this beauty... beautiful.




Bikes and walkers have to share the same side of the bridge these days....but I don't think most of them can read.




I dont' know what this filming was all about. Some elderly folks... Maybe the 75th bridge anniversary?




They were following directions though.




On this side there was a lot of work, the gift center was empty...




And the workers are destroying the brick walk way. Apparently it doesn't meet ADA codes so those people who paid for a brick, some inscribed with names as a memorial to them, are out of luck. They won't let them have them back either. I believe its a BAD PR move.




Imagine you bought a brick to honor your father, and this is what they do to it.




They blocked off much of the access to keep people back. That meant I had to go the LONG way down to Crissy.
Presidio homes.
Crissy Field....City beyond.
Crissy....
Was Glenn here???? There was a pink feather.
Stillwell Hall
Sports Basement....
Fort Mason
Ship in front of Alcatraz
Gull with Crab
Aliotos on Fishermen's Wharf
Shop on Fishermen's Wharf
Pier 39....
Pier 39 pigeons....
Pink cotton candy - Pier 39
The Ferry Building 10 minutes too late for the Ferry. I had an hour and a half to kill... so I grabbed lunch and a coffee....
Before hopping on the ferry to go back to Sausalito.





Now I am ready for the rain.... BRING IT!






Have you bought your square for our Football Pool???? $10 goes to the prize $25 to Susan G Komen.






I don't think so we only have 8 sold... 92 more to go!






No comments:

Post a Comment