Thursday, December 15, 2011

Getting ready to party!

There used to be a train that went around the tree. There was an angel on the top of the tree.



Now the train is put away under the house, and there is a Santa where the angel used to be.



Christmas at our house has gone through a few changes, but some things have remained the same.










Every year we have had a Christmas party. It has been different sizes, depending on circumstance and timing. In the past few years, it has been relatively small. This year will be a little bigger... (in fact I am renting a tent to put off the kitchen for a little more space.) This year we will be celebrating in the old fashioned Youngling way. My special connection with Santa has given me the gift of being able to ask for party representation, and this year he will not disappoint. Our house will be filled with excited children who get to have their one on one with the big jolly fellow. They can get in their requests for what they wish for Christmas. I always have a moment with the big guy myself and this is what I will be wishing for.








Dear Santa,

I could ask for a new range. I could ask for a
diamond ring. But I have a different wish. Please give me a world without Cancer. I know it is a lot to ask. This is a very big wish. I want chidlren
to wake up Christmas morning and from that day on, never have to fear that
their Mommys and Daddys, sisters and brothers or even they themsleves might die from Cancer.

Santa if you do this for me, I will promise to always
leave Nana cookies and whatever beverage you choose, every Christmas
for as long as I live.

Thank you , Cathy



This year Olivia and her family will be coming to our party for the first time! In the picture below you will see another Cancer survivor (Julie) who must have asked very nicely for a healthy life. She beat Colon Cancer and now is working for the Center for Integrated Health and Wellness at Marin General. It is amazing to watch her. She has done incredible things to help create a better world for those who are battling Cancer.

So you see.... Santa does listen. What are you asking Santa for Christmas?




Now on to making that Buche de Noel....



1 comment: