Monday, July 11, 2011

Faith


Faith is raising the sail of our little boat until it is caught up in the
soft winds above and picks up speed, not from anything within itself, but from
the vast resources of the universe around us. ~W. Ralph Ward



This morning I woke up, turned on my computer, scanned my emails and saw one from Caring Bridge. My clients have been using this website to update folks on the progress with their daughter, who as I have written, recently had a tumor removed from her brain. The notice of the posting was late last night.


In the post the father said he was writing the post from the hospital. They went to the hospital as their daughter was having bad headaches, and used the visit to do some follow up tests that they had wanted to do. MRI of the head and the spine, and lumbar tap to check fluid for evidence of metastasis. No evidence was found. They still do not know exactly what is going on.


They also still do not know what kind of tumor they are dealing with. The experts are split as to the way to progress. Should they hit this with everything in the arsenal, including chemo therapy which has resulted in killing some children, radiation that could affect her cognitive ability? There are some doctors who are recommending this. They are now at the threshold of making a decision.


It's a crossroad where one direction is difficult, and the other is dangerous, there are no easy roads from this place.


This is the time you need faith. I think faith manifests itself as a calm within, that comes from beyond yourself. When you allow faith to lead you, you can navigate the stormiest seas. Still amid the storm you find the necessary stillness to stay on course.


If we are moving forward in our lives, we all have chosen directions for our journey. Sometimes, we are not sure if we are on the right road. You looking within for that sense of calm and it isn't there. But I have looked inside and have found faith that the steps I am taking on my journey will help us come to a world without Cancer. Every once in awhile things will test that faith and even the journey itself. But then I have a moment like this morning
where I read or hear about some one's hell because of Cancer, and my faith is rebuilt.

I ask that you join me. BUY your ticket and do it because you BELIEVE we can make a difference together. WE can help bring an end to Cancer.






No comments:

Post a Comment