Thursday, August 6, 2009

Walking on a Thursday -

DO YOU WALK THE WALK????




Walking....



Off I go on my walk to the hairdresser. I was out the door at 7:40 for a 10:00 appointment in Corte Madera. When I walked out the door, the sky was blue, the air heavy and smelling like the midwest. As I was heading down the hill, I realized the sun was full on my face. With no hat, I figured I would be burnt in about 30 mintues. So I called Glenn who dutifully headed down the hill to hand me my pink hat.



I stopped at my listing to water the plants, pick up a few leaves and hurried on checking the sky. The clouds started to gather as a small front was heading into the Bay Area.. The air began to chill as the sky darkened.



Along the way, I tried to arrange a showing, of another listing, making a few calls in the process. As I crossed over to Corte Madera, I realized I was running short on time. I didn't take the time to smell the roses, I was wiping the sweat from my brow instead. I made it to see Janette with 2 minutes to spare.



Janette came into the shop shortly after I did. As it is always is, it was great to see her Kate Hudson-ish face. The girl is totally darling. She has been going through some tough times lately. She heard recently her best friend (who recently gave birth to a young son) has a very aggressive form of leukemia. She says she is a determined and strong lady, who will do anything to beat this. With that attitude she will! Sometimes these things just have no sense at all. There are no good reasons, WHY, some people are meant to deal with such devasting illness. What I know is, the way to win over ovewhelming odds is to be FIERCE! Fight like you were born to fight. Never, never, never let the illness define who you are. It sounds like Janette's friend already knows this. It will serve her well in the battle that is ahead.



Before I left Janette had given me a gift certificate for the raffle at Wine Wars, and we had picked out some nice PINK extensions for me to wear that night. I walked out the door and thought, Janette's friend is lucky to have her there.



I called Glenn because I realized... 1. I was hungry and 2. I really didn't want to walk another 7 miles home and 3. I had a lot of work to do.



We had a quick lunch and he drove me home then I retraced my steps, in the car. What had taken 2+ hours to walk, took 10 minutes to drive.



Tell you what, there is a time and place for quick, and a time and place for taking your time. Until I started walking, I hadn't a clue about how meaningful the slow route could be. After the big event in October, I really hope I am not lulled into another deep sleep. I hope I keep walking and growing. Will you come with me?



Why don't you start at WINE WARS! We have a great caterer stepping in and stepping it up! Stacy Scott is a Marin legend. Stacy will elevate our whole event to the "Unbelievable" level. Email me to be sure you are on the invite list!

No comments:

Post a Comment