Sunday, August 23, 2009

Russian River... Recoup time....

Allison, Chris, Glenn and I have arrived at Casa Luna, our dog friendly Russian River get away. Its a nifty little house set above the river with a long sloping yard leading to a small dock. The house has a distinct slope to the floors, that make you question how high the water has risen here in the past. The house is at least 50 years old, so I would suppose, it has weathered whatever storms are out there.

The mini vacation doesn't mean we are off from training, but we have to be a little more creative to get the miles in. We walked this morning about 4 miles to the Safeway in Guerneville and back. The rest of the time has been quite lazy, except for an occasional bout of referring Sophie Dog being territorial over Dexter Dog.

Our dear friends Sonya and Pete Shaw came to visit us today, for a little rec time and some riverside dinner. The boys got out for a wee bit of canoeing. Sonya and I went on a quick paddle boat ride... and then Allison and Chris joined me in the hot tub.


Lessons from today....

It takes more than 2 days to recover from a Wine War...but I am getting there.
Even a sweet little corgi can get snippy when she is tired...
Friends are the best thing around for your spirit...
You CAN eat too many almonds....
My son-in-law knows some pretty obscure trivia....
Just like Epsom salts has benefited me after a long walk... a nice brine bath is good for the BBQ Chicken!


More later... Hopefully after a long walk with some great photos....
We are debating the value of hiking versus road walking and hills versus beach. I do believe if it gets a little warmer, my cross training will be swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment