Thursday, July 23, 2009

Picnic with Alain Pinel

Today was our company picnic, and I walked to Boyle Park from our office in Corte Madera. Along the way, I was stopped about 3 times by people wanting help or advice about something. The first person was a contractor looking for design advice. I talked with him for about 5 minutes. "What do you think, should I put that detail there, or should I put a post over there?" I was surprised he wanted my advice, since he had no idea that I was Realtor.
The other two were asking for directions. I guess it was the pink shirt. Makes you look approachable and helpful I guess.
I made it to the park with the picnic in full swing. The BBQs were hot, and burgers were flying off. People sitting sipping their beer, enjoying Toni's potato salad and Paul and Ann's Oysters. The breeze was up a bit children played on the grass, and dogs looked up expectantly to Beth who was slipping elicit bites of people food to them. People from Sonoma and SF mingled among the Marin folks - everyone looked like they were relaxed and enjoying themselves.
Karen grabbed a megaphone (which was really just a fake police siren) and announced it was time for kick ball. This brought back waves of memories of me as a chubby little kid. Whenever a game was about to begin and people were to pick teams, I was always picked last. Perhaps it is because whenever I miraculously would actually kick or hit the ball, I would start running and everyone would yell "Run Cathy RUN!" and I would yell back "I am! I am!"
I was never much an athlete.
But today, I wanted to play kickball. It was a blast. Kids picked the teams and I was picked 4th! to my amazement. I think it must of helped wearing my exercise pants and running shoes. I faked him out! Parents were playing along side kids, who were playing along side mid century stars. There were some good plays...some switch hitters like MARIA! and a lot of fun. It ended in a very appropriate tie.
Glenn came during the game and shot a few pictures. Then we headed over of an egg toss. I asked Glenn to play but he wasn't really dressed for it. Then I saw Marti Guerra standing asking what was going on... so I insisted she and I do the egg toss. We hung in there for a long time, but ultimately the egg collided with my hand and sent slimy egg white into my hair. (Could have been worse!) The final pair were Tim and Tyler, which they celebrated by doing a high five with egg in hand (squish!).
After wiping off my hand, I joined Gib who had brought a ton of percussion play things to the picnic (some of which looked strangely like fruit) Marti Guerra and Marti Grossman joined us, then John G and Wayka B and then Steve D. But where was the conga line?
Great fun, a great group.
Jamming with Marti x 2 with Gib

It was a good thing that Glenn came to take me to my car. I could have walked home, but.... I have a big day planned for tomorrow. The 5-6 miles today was just enough...
Still hoping you come to Wine Wars... it will be fun...like the picnic but...maybe the conga line will show up. Email me cyoungling@apr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment