Friday, April 10, 2009

THE SKY today...

I decided ENOUGH of the gym for now. despite big ole clouds in the sky... I headed out to take a short walk.

The world is full of different challenges. It seems each of us have our own unique battles that we end up fighting. In the course of the past 2 days, I have been working with people who have truly overwhelming life altering events that have happened to them. My heart just breaks for the pain they must be in. If we narrow things down though, the same wisdom applies... one step at a time.

Any of us can be overwhelmed by what life sometimes throws at us. We all know someone who overcomes odds to live life to the fullest. These people seem to carry with them an optimism that allows them to get up each day and keep on fighting. It is through this will, that they not only survive, they thrive.

Most of us in Marin have been blessed beyond measure. Blessed with a solid bank account, a good job, a family who can be educated to do whatever they choose. I am always humbled by those who have so much less, and still find a way to achieve their highest aspirations. For these people the word "Can't" doesn't exist. When the odds are against them, they find a way to swing them in their favor through attitude and perseverance.

When I got the diagnosis of CANCER, I didn't ever allow myself to believe I was going to die. I knew I was in a fight, but no one could have told me it was a fight I could possibly lose. Tenacity and stubborn optimism is something I hope the 3 day walk can help provide to those who get the diagnosis of CANCER.

Will we cure cancer..the answer is easy... the answer is YES! Will we cure it in our lifetimes? The answer is YES with your help. Here comes the sun - do you feel it?




CLICK HERE TO DONATE

No comments:

Post a Comment