Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rain, sun or stormy weather ....

So - you knew the sunny weather would have to end. The past couple of days have been off and on showers, so I decided to follow the advice of the 3 Day trainers and find an avenue to "cross train".


My new company is located VERY close to a Gold's Gym. We have a fantastic arrangement with a corporate discount, so I was one of the first to sign up. My orientation training was yesterday. If you are like me it isn't the first time - to be oriented to a new gym. I have been notorious for dropping out. I can't remember the reason I stopped going to the last gym. I am sure it was a valid excuse. You know what they say, Excuses are great because they always are based in the truth. "I can't exercise, because I have a bad knee." "I can't exercise because I have no time." "I can't exercise because I am embarrassed by my weight." I have used all of those excuses because they all have a kernel of truth.


This time, one can hope, will be different. I have noticed since I have started walking, this has helped with my weight. Since I have been walking my knee is feeling much much better (probably because my weight is better too). And the time thing??? Well, since I started exercising I have more energy to do the things I need to do...consequentially I have more time!



Yesterday at the gym, my instructor was a body building young man, someone with whom I have nothing in common. But he was nice and he put me through the tests, and weights and machines. So today, I came into the office feeling every muscle in a very intense way. Someone ran into me in the hall and asked how I was. I complained about my achy muscle and he said "You know what helps that? Go back today." Ok...ok... I know he was right. So I grabbed my gear and went in to ride the bile for 30 mins and do a 1 hour yoga class.

You know what? I am still sore!

Hoping tomorrow or the next day I will have a beautifully predictable day sans rain... because one thing I do know is... I love walking. And besides, that is what you all are expecting me to do! That is why you are going to donate the big bucks! (Curing cancer is a motivating factor too I know.)



No comments:

Post a Comment