Sunday, March 22, 2009

Walking on the Moon


If you ever want to know why, I am walking, come by and I will show you a great DVD, about this walk. Everyone has their own story, it's like a thread of one rope. For some its their mother, their aunt or themselves. For some the reason is their children, their friends or no one in particular. But for everyone, it a reason that prompts them to try and change something.


Change isn't easy. This walk won't be easy. I have said imagining walking 60 miles to me, was like imaging me walking on the moon. But over the course of this week as I have begun my training, each step brings me closer to realizing this crazy scheme. I believe with every step I am getting closer.


As I walk I remember where I have been, but I also imagine where I am going. I see myself gaining strength and I see the hold Cancer has had on me lessen. I feel like each mile is more fuel in the engine that will shoot me to the moon.


I have a long way to go, but I am hoping my one thread of this rope of change will help strengthen this lifeline to those who have battled, are battling or will battle Breast Cancer. I also hope that through the strength of this research, strides will be made in other Cancers so that one day there will be a cure. One day this will be a world without Cancer.


Worth walking for... your darn shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment