Thursday, March 26, 2009

STRESS?!



I'm a Realtor, so the idea of taking a Stress test is kind of an oxymoron. Look under the definition of Realtor, there should be the word Stress! But I am off to take an echo cardiogram stress test later this morning.

My Dr. tells me that since I have had Cancer, just about every Dr. who looks at my medical history will be thinking one thing, "The Big C". But, especially since I have survived Cancer, and have been living life, if not followed, I am more likely to be a victim of Heart Disease. I am a big believer in knowledge is power. My friend Julie, a colon cancer survivor is a cheerleader for this as well. We may not be able to prevent Cancer, but early detection increase survival rates. So those people who do not screen for colon cancer, stand right there with women who don't get Mammograms as one of the saddest groups amongst us. These tests are IMPORTANT, and they can save lives.


Today at the Stress test as they are trying to get me past my normal endurance level.... I will try and remind myself this test is in the same category. I have my fingers crossed there will be no HUGE problem that would prohibit me from walking in my 3 Day Walk. I seriously haven't felt this happy in a LONG time.

I will post later to let you know how it goes. This will be my WALK of the day.... OK maybe I will take a dinner time stroll.


Later.....

Well The GREAT news is my heart is awesome! I just need more exercise. So people, get out those Credit Cards, write a check... We are going all the way on the 3 day! YIPPEE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment