Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's Spring in Marin - Today's walk



In the morning Glenn and I walked the dogs in the hood. Well, there is a difference on hills for sure! I feel as though I could walk forever on the flat...not so much... in my hood. There are a bunch of people who walk the hills of Marinview everyday. Parents walking their kids to the school and back, some to work, the bus, Starbucks... I have never been one of these.
For training... I had better get cracking on these hills. I found some pictures of the SF 3 day last year and there were definitely HILLS!
I just got back from walk #2... to see my boys at San Quentin. Once again the walk was full of beauty and the weather perfect. I walked by spring flowers, homes on the boardwalk, our old boat Thalassa, Sir Francis Drake sculpture, Remillard Park to the prison gate. The guard eyed me suspiciously as I snapped my phone picture. I have included some pictures of the walk today. If it can be this beautiful walking to the prison...what other walks do I have in store!





ONE more note...Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. My goal is to hit my target and then help my daughter with her $$$. She is walking with me and coming from Denver to do it. Look her up on our team. "Are We There Yet?"

Getting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment