Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's not the moon - it's Tennessee Beach


Patti & I ended up at Tennessee Beach.
If you haven't taken this walk it is a great one. The level of difficulty is just about right for me. You can walk and talk. You will see kids, bikes and all levels of abilities. When you get to the beach you're at the site of the wreck of the Steamer Tennessee, from which the beach and the valley got their names. It's a beautiful walk and a beautiful destination, despite a few rain drops.
By the end of the day my pedometer said 8.2 miles. That includes the 1.7 miles each way to the beach, a hike in the neighborhood and your basic running around. Hey... do I see craters ahead?!


PS. You'll notice this blurb posts the most recent post, then descends to the first post... In a way this makes this a story read in reverse. You may want to start with the first post... then work your way to the most recent if you haven't visited this blog before.

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute, I think I know those amazing athletes. Could it be...?

    8.2 miles is awesome! I don't think Dex can walk that far. I'm hoping I can.

    -Allison

    ReplyDelete