Friday, March 27, 2009

A bright and sunny spring day in Marin. They say temperatures were going to be in the 70s. Good time to grab a walking partner and leave the desk behind!
Patti and I started from my office, and walked 6.3 miles.


Starting from Lucky Drive we walked through the Greenbrae Marina area. Past Redwood High School and the abandoned hot houses (rumor has it one day they will be houses and such).

We stopped at R'noh Thai.
(Tell me how do you pronounce this.. Is it really Rhino Thai?)

This Creekside Restaurant is run by some
old Thep Lela people and is great food, with outdoor tables...


If you haven't gone before, the bike path along Corte Madera Creek is a treat. Like everywhere, there are lots of surprises if you take the time to look.

Patti pointed out this - Buddha shrine at the paths edge.

I love watching the birds. Along this creek you will see all kinds, snoy egrets, grey herons, ducks, gulls, (Patti and I debated the name of one duckish bird... for the sake of not knowing, lets call it a coot) and many more my brother would be able to identify in a nano second. A yellow lab came barreling through with the typical yellow lab grin. You know the smile they have when they are wet after romping in the water. Patti pointed out that across the creek, near the Marin General Hospital is a Memory butterfly grove. The park is for people to stop and remember children who have died too young. The image of a butterfly is so touching. Something that is here for only a brief time, but during that time they live in spectacular beauty. Keep on walking I tell these feet... if we help with a cure to breast cancer what other cancer can we help conquer?

We finished us the walk along Corte Madera Creek, walking past Drakes Landing, awash with wild flowers.

The weekend is almost here. That means.... I get to explore with my honey.... Remember to say hi if you see me walking your way!


No comments:

Post a Comment